Alley GatorPoster topBLOGArticles and CommentsSongsTimelinePlaylistsAlbumsDatabaseAlbum ListsArtistsPantheonArtist ListsResourcesBits and PiecesTips & AdviceBooks & Websites

Comments - Songs

ALL MY LOVING - THE BEATLES - 1964
barbara ann 1945 says:
02/08/12 3:48 pm
Well, here it is, Cats...the 48th anniversary of the Fab4 on Ed Sullivan. So I'm toasting the day with an all-day Beatles Songfest...at home and in my car. First to play? "All My Loving"....it's only right!
barbara ann 1945 says:
02/08/12 4:19 pm
Oops! Sorry, Cats! It's tomorrow, the 9th, that the boys appeared on Ed Sullivan, not today. But, hey, it's Beatles' Week in my book, so let the celebrating begin!!
Alley Gator says:
02/09/12 9:01 pm
bad habitat says:
02/10/12 2:10 pm
Alley Gator said: "All My Loving" was my favorite Meet the Beatles track. I'll never forget what a strong first impression it made. The walking bass, the fast guitar rhythm (which I tried so hard to copy but couldn't get my wrist loose enough), the great background harmonies, Paul's winning lead vocal. A strong blast-from-the-past of early rock and roll, yet so "now." I still love it.
Alley Gator says:
02/10/12 8:22 pm
bad habitat said: Meet the Beatles? Wasn't the album With the Beatles? The first album I ever owned and still probably my favorite.
It was Meet the Beatles in the USA. The USA versus UK discography differences prior to 1967 were huge, as spelled out well in this Wikipedia article. You can also see some USA chronology details in the Alley Timeline.

jere1911 says:
03/05/12 12:00 am
This song and track hold up so well for me. And at the time, for us budding guitar types, it was a great intro to Paul's emerging impact on bass guitar. That walking bass had and still has a big impact. Reminds us that if he had done nothing else, Paul would be an important rock figure for his contribution and influence as a bass player.